In India, engineering is one of the most popular career option amongst students as a profession. Appearing for engineering entrance examination or competitive exams is the first step towards admissions in India’s top engineering colleges. However, the pre-requisite is to take that step to know about the most important and the most sought-after engineering entrance exams or competitive exams of India.
Engineering exams are conducted every year at both National and State level for choosing the most skilled and proficient candidates for the admission into engineering institutions across the country. Some of the most prominent engineering colleges in India include IITs, NITs, Birla Institute of Technology and many more.. Some of the most significant and respected engineering entrance exams in India are
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
- Karnataka CET
- COMEDK and more.
Usually, the syllabus of the entrance tests is based on the NCERT courses outline of class XI and XII. The motto of almost all the entrance tests is to assess the fundamental concepts of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics, and their varied applications; but the questions being asked now a day are a bit tricky. However in some specific entrance tests, questions are also asked on Mental Ability Test (MAT), General English, Logical Reasoning and Drawing etc. Single test is conducted for most of the entrance tests; while for some specific exams, entrance tests are conducted in two-stages / two-days.
SYLLABUS FOR THE EXAM
- Laws of Motion
- Rotational Motion
- Work, energy & power
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Current Electricity
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Communication systems
- Some basics principles of organic chemistry
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Geometry
- Some basic concepts in Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- States of matter
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- S-block elements
- P-block elements
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- D-and f-Block Elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Sets, relations and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Integral calculus
- Differential Equations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Limit, continuity and differentiability
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Mathematical reasoning
- Statistics and Probability
Pattern of some Entrance Exams :
- JEE (Main): There are two papers in JEE (Main), Paper-1 for B. Tech and Paper-2 for B.Arch. Paper-1, B. Tech which contains 90 questions; 30 questions from each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each question carries 4 marks with a total 360 marks. There is ¼ negative marking, means 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. Duration of the paper is 3 hrs.
- JEE (Advanced): There are two objective type papers i.e., Paper-1 & Paper-2 in this exam. Each paper contains 60 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each subject contains 20 questions. Each question carries 3 marks with a total 180 marks. There is also -1 negative marking in some sections of this paper. Duration of each paper is 3 hrs. Questions are varies from section to section.
- VITEEE: In the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam, there are 3 parts –Part-I: Physics, Part-II: Chemistry and Part-III: Mathematics/Biology. Each part contains 40 questions with equal weight age. The total number of questions is 120. Each question carries 1 mark with a total 120 marks. Duration is of 2.5 hrs.
- BITS-Pilani: In BITSAT entrance test, there is one paper containing 4 parts. Physics in Part-I contains 40 questions; Chemistry in Part-II also contains 40 questions; Part-III contains two sub-sections: (a) English Proficiency-15 questions & (b) Logical Reasoning-10 questions and Mathematics/Biology in Part-IV contains 45 questions. Total no of questions is 150, each question carries 3 marks with a total 450 marks. There is also -1 negative marking. Duration is of 3 hrs.
NAM INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES was established on 5th September 2015 in Delhi. The institute was named as NAM INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES with the commitment to enhance the teaching to bring them in the frequency band of teacher so that NAM INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES becomes a reality. In 10 years of its inception, the institute has risen beyond all the expectations in terms of quality and volume of results. The growth in number of student's enrollment in classroom coaching as well as selections in the entrance exam is matchless as compared to any other institute in the country offering classroom courses for B.Tech Entrance coaching. The institute is having its own Study Centers which are offering Classroom Programmes for B.Tech Entrance at South EX, Gurgaon, Noida and Bhagalpur.
MARKING SCHEME OF THE EXAMINATION
MARKING SCHEME OF THE EXAMINATION
- For PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) - 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English (5 questions) = Total 125 questions
- For PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) - 120 questions (Each 40 questions) & English (5 questions) = Total 125 questions
- No Negative Marks for wrong answers
Reasons Why Students consider NAM INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES the Best in IIT-JEE and beyond...
- THE QUALITY: We never compromise on quality. Our penchant & pursuit of quality is evident in our every activity, in all our actions, at all times, everywhere.
- BEST FACULTY : Every institute for B.Tech entrance training worth its name tries to get a NAM INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES faculty. We are the only institute that follows a very strong, systematic & objective selection and training process before a teacher becomes a NAM INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES faculty. NAM INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES has a pool of more than 25 very competent full-time faculty ensuring you get highly effective teachers in all the subjects throughout your studies.
- THE VALUE SYSTEM : NAM INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES value system revolves around truth, transparency & commitment. Whatever we think, we say & whatever we say, we do. We present to you what we actually are.
- For further query contact
- Mr. Singh: 9911757394
- Coordinator-NET Exam Tutorials
- NAM Institute of Professional Studies
- Main Campus: H-68,2nd Floor, South Extension Part-1,New Delhi-110049- 011-24626548/49
- Nearest Metro Station: INA Metro (Exit from Gate No 2)
- Landmark: Bengali Sweets
- Gurgaon Branch: M-27,Old DLF Colony, Opposite Girls ITI,Sec-14,Gurgaon
- Nearest Metro Station: MG Road Metro
- Other Branches: NOIDA & Bhagalpur